This February, we the Rosehip Medic Collective, are putting on a 20-hour Street Medic Training. Our trainings are open to people of any skill level; we encourage EMTs to attend our trainings as strongly as we do people with no first aid background. The training is holistic, focusing on preparation, actions and aftercare. Participants leave with useful tools whether they plan on being a medic at every major summit protest or if they want basic first aid knowledge for their neighborhood. The schedule is intensive, with one evening session and two long days that include hands-on practices and realistic scenarios. We strive to make our trainings accessible, safe and supportive for all people and will work with you beforehand to make sure that your needs are met.
Our training includes:
- the why’s, what’s, how’s and ethics of street medicking
- action preparedness
- patient assessment, basic first aid skills and life-saving techniques
- when to call 911 and how to interact with Emergency Medical Services
- police violence and chemical weapons
- packing your first aid kit
- and much more!
The training will take place in Portland (location TBA) on the following dates:
– Friday, February 15th, 5pm-9pm
– Saturday, February 16th, 9am-6:30pm
– Sunday, February 17th, 9am-6:30pm
Please note that we ask a $25-50 donation from all participants to cover our costs.
If you are interested in attending this training, please e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to begin the registration process. Tell us early to save your spot!
For more information please check out these links:
Rosehip Medic Collective:http://www.rosehipmedics.org/
Street Medic Wiki: http://medic.wikia.com/
Orientation to Street Medicking for Medical Providers:http://wrttn.in/e08278