Heyyyy queer/trans folks, friends, and allies,
You are cordially invited to grace us with your presence at Maypop! Come hang out with rad people, drink nourishing tea and share strategies to prepare us for Mayday and beyond. Whether you are brand new to political organizing or well-acquainted with cycles of burn-out, please know that we are excited to meet and support you. If you plan to spend Mayday at a permitted rally, neighborhood reclamation, direct action or at home this event is for you! Check it out on Facebook!
At Maypop! you can:
- Explore specific and general concerns about participating in Mayday marches, reclamations and mobilizations.
- Make a plan with experienced street medics from the queer and trans community who will be there to answer your questions about legal/jail support plans, specific medical or personal concerns, and local resources.
- Get free and sliding scale treatments from care practitioners including bodyworkers, acupuncturists, and herbalists.
Maypop! will be hosted by Black Oak Botanicals herbal clinic on Monday, April 30th from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the office upstairs at 4934 NE 29th Avenue, Portland, OR 97211
Please, please, please bring your own cup for tea, along with anything you wish to share (experience, resources, favorite tea blends, epic snacks, etc.). Come drink awesome tea to support the embodiment of radical queer love & struggle! And don’t you worry, we’re ending by 9pm so that everyone can get home to their luxuriously full night of sleep before May 1st.
This will be the first night of what we would like to become a regular event that helps us to care for each other and build resilience as we bring our dreams into action. One possibility is a series of wellness-oriented presentations and dialogue from your friends in the Rosehip Medic Collective. Perhaps one day Maypop! will be a free wellness space and herbal clinic that aligns with our ideals. If you can’t come to
this event, stay tuned for future events from this collaboration.
…again, THE DETAILS, in short:
- What: an event hosted by Black Oak Botanicals in NE PDX
- Who: for queer and/or trans folks + friends and allies
- How: hang out, ask questions, network, drink tea, and receive care from awesome providers
- Why: to get healthier, happier, and more resilient on our way to collective liberation, especially for the events of May Day and beyond.