This April, we the Rosehip Medic Collective, are putting on a 20-hour Street Medic Training. Our trainings are open to people of any skill level; we encourage EMTs to attend our trainings as strongly as we do people with no first aid background. The training is holistic, focusing on preparation, actions and aftercare. Participants leave with useful tools whether they plan on being a medic at every major summit protest or if they simply want basic first aid knowledge for their neighborhood. The schedule is intensive, with one evening session and two long days that include hands-on practices and realistic scenarios. We strive to make our trainings accessible, safe and supportive for all people and will work with you beforehand to make sure that your needs are met.
Our training includes:
- the why’s, what’s, how’s and ethics of street medicking
- action preparedness
- patient assessment, basic first aid skills and life-saving techniques
- when to call 911 and how to interact with Emergency Medical Services
- police violence and chemical weapons
- use of herbs in the streets and for aftercare
- packing your first aid kit
- and much more!
The training will take place in SW Portland (location TBA) on the following dates:
- Friday, April 20th, 5pm-9pm
- Saturday, April 21, 9am-6:30pm
- Sunday, April 22, 9am-6:30pm
Please note that we ask a $25 donation from all participants to cover our costs.
If you are interested in attending this training, please e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to begin the registration process.
For more information about us and being a street medic, please check out these links: