The Rosehip Medic Collective is a group of volunteer Street Medics and health care activists active in Portland, Oregon. We provide first aid and emergency care at protests, direct actions, and other sites of resistance and struggle. We also train other street medics and put on community wellness trainings. We believe in democratizing health care knowledge and skills, in reducing our community’s dependence on corporate medicine, and that strong networks of support and care are essential to building a sustainable, long-term movement for collective liberation. We are working to create one facet of the healthy and diverse infrastructure we see as necessary if we are to build another world. Our group includes EMTs, nurses, Wilderness First Responders, herbalists, teachers. and more. To request our group’s support at an action or event, for general information and questions, or to ask about our trainings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement of Values
- We support all people’s rights to understand, access, & direct their own health and wellness.
- We envision a world free of all oppression and seek solidarity with those struggling towards personal and collective liberation.
- We believe that the personal is political and that self-care & mutual aid are necessary to sustain resistance.
- We embrace a philosophy of harm-reduction and non-judgmental care.
The Rosehip Medic Collective is an invite-only group. However, we are always looking to expand our membership in ways that enhance our collective’s capacity to fulfill our goals and visions. If you are interested in the possibility of working with the Rosehip Medic Collective, we would love to get to know you and your potential contributions to the collective. Here are some ways you can get to know us:
- Send us an email to join our announcements listserve
- Attend our events and potlucks
- Attend a training and/or participate as a scenario patient
- Ask to meet with one of our members to learn more about our collective and about opportunities for mutual aid